Bryn Coal

Unit 17, Landgate Industrial Estate Ashton in Makerfield
Wigan, Lancashire, WN4 0BW

telephone : 01942 272 126 / fax : 01942 728 566
click to call us

History of Bryn Coal

Bryn Coal Company Ltd was formed in 2008 by joining two existing companies, one old one fairly new. Bryan Coal Company formed in 1988 and was mainly a wholesale company which supplied coal merchants with a wide choice of top quality fuels, and sales to the public through its cash & carry service.


The second company J. Fisher Coal Merchants is now in its 90th year and the fourth generation of the family, Steven, along with his business partner Des, now operate Bryn Coal Company Ltd. J. Fisher was first formed as a St. Helens based company but has now developed into one of the leaders in its field. The areas it now covers include St. Helens, Wigan, Preston, Manchester, Warrington, Liverpool; in fact the whole of South Lancashire, Greater Manchester, West Yorkshire, North Cheshire and the Wirral. Deliveries into other areas can now also be arranged. This wider area came mainly from existing customers passing on the fact that the quality of service & fuels are second to none. This is something it has prided itself on from its very beginning in 1921 when deliveries were made by a horse & cart. (His name was Blackie by the way loved crusts and knew every customer).

Deliveries are also made to many boating marinas so many of its products are now found on the many waterways on England.

The new company can now offer technical advice, a range of fires & multi burners and have now opened a new cash & carry department and showroom. Just call in or contact by telephone or the internet. All enquires will be dealt with by their helpful and friendly staff.